If you haven’t heard about my upcoming web serial, well now you know.
I know you’re gonna ask:
- When does it start?
- That, I don’t know precisely. It’s in editing right now. It will begin this summer.
- What’s it about?
- As the title suggests, this is a story of repentance. Get a better idea with the trailer below!
- How often will episodes be released?
- I’ve been going back and forth between the ideas of weekly and bi-weekly. I’ll let you decide that one. Leave me a comment.
- How can I get updates?
- Another great question! As of now, I’m posting all of my updates on Facebook. If you want to see those events, I suggest you give my Facebook page a ‘Like.’ Where would you guys prefer to get updates; let me know in the comments!
Now that I’ve answered those questions, I’ll talk about what I really wanted to share with you.
Some may know me as a fantasy writer, but I was called away from that. Fast-forward: I have a story to tell. It’s a story of so many women.
That’s not to say that most women are anything like the main characters in my fiction, but a lot of women can relate to their struggles. The truth is, no matter what the struggle, there is nothing like the power of prayer. That’s why I was called to write this story.
I also wanted to change the “face” of Christian fiction. The Christian fiction that I’ve read (admittedly, very little) seems unrealistic.Even as Christians, there are times when we don’t do what’s expected of us. That’s especially true in a time of anger or crisis.
When researching Christian publishers, I found that there are a lot of very strict requirements. I’m sure that Repented and Rekindled would be rejected for content.
There is no telling what walks of life, past hurt or battles that a person went through before coming to Jesus. God can use anyone to minister! That is something that I want to expose. I think there should be a more sincere look at one’s Journey to Christ in Christian fiction. I’m not bashing Christian publishing houses. They too have a mission (one that’s extremely important). Ultimately, we all need to guard our hearts from things that will lead us astray. Simultaneously, we need to inspire those who are searching for something or those who have fallen back into old ways.
That is why I have written this story.